Welcome back for another Tasty Tuesday! Independence Day is right around the corner and you know what that means. It’s time for family reunions, tons of bbq, and even more fireworks! Here’s some quick menu ideas to kick start your holiday menu.
American Dream Cocktail
- 1 oz PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1 oz black cherry rum
- 1 1/2 oz POM Wonderful pomegranate cherry juice
- 1/2 oz fresh sour
- white fondant stars for garnish
- blueberries for garnish
- Cut mini stars out of white fondant.
- Using water, gently wet the back of each star and press into the inside of a cocktail glass.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fill a mixing glass with all ingredients add ice to tin.
- Shake well and strain into the star-studded cocktail glass.
- Garnish with blueberries on a pick.
- 1 lg. can pork and beans
- 1 c. sugar, white or brown
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 bottle of ketchup
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp and remove from skillet to drain.
- Add onion and bell pepper to same skillet. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup to skillet, mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on low for at least 2 hours.
I hope you check out some of these recipes and give them a try for your big 4th of July bash! And don’t forget to round out your celebration with some red, white, and blue decorations, a classic game of corn hole, and tons of sparklers for the little ones! And be sure to join me later this week for my first Toddler Thursday series! I’ll be sharing my summer schedule for keeping my little ones active and engaged all summer!