I’m a few days behind in posting my 101 Recap because I was vacationing last week in North Carolina last week. I got to do some sight-seeing, visit an old high school friend, take my kids to the lake and the beach, and my husband and son had some time together. They went to catch the latest Minions movie in theaters. We all had a blast!
July was a bit tricky for me. I have been adjusting to some major schedule changes and it’s pretty much turned our world upside for a bit. But after our little R&R in North Carolina, I think we’re all feeling much better. This month I tackled a new craft, finally ordered my business cards, gave one Just Because gift, and took my kids to one new museum.
For my new craft, a tackled making a few hair bows and headbands. This one in particular was extremely challenging for me and it took me a good 2.5 hours to finish. Needless to say, I don’t know if I’ll be doing many more matching bows to go with my necklaces. But my mom snatched this set and another one up to give to my little niece for her birthday next month.
A good friend of mine was thoughtful enough to design this business card for me and get them on order for me. Oh yeah, see that mug there. She made that for me too. I keep it on my desk for a little glambition! But wait, there’s more!
She also made me a custom sign for my craft show table. I’m signed up for my very first craft show this weekend, and I have another one lined up for October. Which is a good thing considering how many necklaces I have stockpiled!
For my Just Because gift this month, I gave my niece this bracelet. She already had a patriotic necklace that matched it perfectly. My family had a huge family reunion on the 4th of July and I thought this would be a good final touch to her adorable outfit.
Here’s a quick picture of my Baby Girl at the beginning of the reunion. I don’t remember where I got her little dress, but it was just perfect for our reunion.
Baby Girl also had her very own custom 4th of July Minnie Mouse necklace. For those that may not know, my daughter has a slight obsession with Minnie Mouse. Just a slight one.
For our first museum trip this summer (yes I know I got a late start) we went to the National Museum of the USAF. I mainly went because my dear, sweet friend threatened exile if I didn’t join, but also because the museum is giving away this adorable teddy bear. You take one of the maps/brochures and visit at least seven of the museums listed inside, you get this teddy bear. Free! Of course, as I sit here and type this up, I can’t for the life of me remember where I put my kids’ maps. Typical Mom Fail!!! Well, hopefully I’ll be able to find them and figure out which museum we’ll head out to next time.
About 5% completed.
- Pay off all my debt, excluding our mortgage.
- Build our emergency fund to 3-6 months of expenses.
- Start a Christmas savings account.
- Start my kids college funds.
- Gain 100 followers on my blog.
- Post 2 videos to my YouTube channel a week for a month.
- Have 3 blog posts published a week for a month. ~Started on
Start an Etsy shop, or a shop on my blogJune 2015
- Make my daughter a toy box.
- Grow a herb garden.
- Make my own spaghetti sauce.
- Read 40 books completely and not half way through.
- Go 1 entire week (including the weekend) without eating out.
- Take my husband away without the kids for a weekend.
Learn a new craft. July 2015
- Make at new recipe.
- Lose 20 pounds.
- Take a yoga class a few times.
- Go a full day with no technology.
- Take the Canadian road trip I planned.
- Take the kids on a Disney cruise.
- Join the local VFW.
- Attend a photography workshop.
- Host a cooking class.
- Make a memory jar on Jan 1 and read everything in it on Dec 31.
- Learn to quilt.
- Take a weekend trip to Vegas.
- Write a cookbook.
- Go zip lining.
- Make a jar full of rocks with my favorite Bible verses written on them.
- Go on a road trip with some of my girlfriends.
- Host a huge Halloween masquerade party. ~Started planning
- Rent a beach house for a week.
- Swim with dolphins.
- Go camping with my kids.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Make yogurt popsicle with my kids.
- Pay a strangers restaurant bill.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Learn to ice skate.
- Attend the Kentucky Derby.
- Take a pin-up photo shoot.
- Prepare a care package for a homeless person.
- Build a blanket fort.
- Go to Country Concert.
- Make every recipe from 1 of my cookbooks.
- Take a Segway tour of a city.
- Go to a monster truck rally.
- Take a self-defense class.
- Make pasta from scratch.
- Go one month without shopping except for necessities.
- Read 5 biographies.
- Learn how to tie a tie.
Start a new blog series. May 2015
- Give 5 “Just Because Gifts” 1~July 2015
- Visit Chicago.
- Make sushi with my new kit.
- Run in a color run.
- Have a spa day.
- Host a Vision Board party.
- Attend a blog conference.
Establish a family tradition. May 2015
- Write a guest post for another blogger.
- Have a guest post on my blog.
- Attend an Alabama home football game.
- Host a blog giveaway.
- Put $20 in savings for every goal accomplished.
- Visit 5 new museums. AF Museum~July 2015
- Go on another marriage retreat.
- Stop drinking soda for 1 week.
- Learn to make a burlap wreath.
- Determine my MBA major.
- Take a photo booth picture with my hubs.
- Go snowboarding.
- Have family photos taken every year.
- Visit a new state.
- Go geocaching.
- Go to 3 new festivals.
- Be able to do 10 pullups.
- Create a business plan.
Make an editorial calendar.May 2015 Order business cards. July 2015
- Create a media kit.
- Have 5 photos accepted to FoodGawker.
- Attend a women’s bible retreat.
- Make a list of 101 positive things about myself. ~Started on
- Make my bed for a month.
- Put aside $50 a month for 6 months and go on a shopping spree.
- Write a letter for each of my children and place it with my will.
- Send a message in a bottle.
- Host a favorites party.
- Do a craft show.
- Go golfing with my hubs.
- Take each kid on a mom date.
- Plan 12 dates (1 for each month) for the hubs and I.
- Buy a silhouette cameo.
- Make 2 weeks worth of freezer meals.
- Leave a 100% tip.
- Have poker night.
- Journal every night for a month.
- Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.