Oh wow! It has been 6 months since I’ve been on here sharing my life with everyone. To be honest, I was considering hanging up my blog for good. These last 6 months have completely turned my life upside down and I’ve been taking time to myself to regain my sense of self, so to speak. Some may already know, but I’ve felt compelled to follow a different path in life. I will share that story in another post. For now, I’m checking in with my 101 things in 1,001 days.
I started our Christmas savings fund and I’m contributing to it twice a month. Next, I started a small inside herb garden. I have a few pots of cilantro, chives, and parsley growing in my kitchen. I’ve marked off my MBA because I’ve decided on a completely different route. And lastly I was able to give 100% tip one night when I took my kids out for dinner.
- Pay off all my debt, excluding our mortgage.
- Build our emergency fund to 3-6 months of expenses.
t a Christmas savings account.Jan 2016
- Start my kids college funds.
- Gain 100 followers on my blog.
- Post 2 videos to my YouTube channel a week for a month.
- Have 3 blog posts published a week for a month. ~Started on
Start an Etsy shop, or a shop on my blogJune 2015
- Make my daughter a toy box.
Grow a herb garden. April 2016
- Make (and can) my own spaghetti sauce.
- Read 40 books completely and not half way through. ~Made book list
- Go 1 entire week (including the weekend) without eating out.
- Take my husband away without the kids for a weekend.
Learn a new craft. July 2015
- Make at new recipe.
- Lose 20 pounds.
- Take a yoga class a few times.
- Go a full day with no technology.
- Take the Canadian road trip I planned.
- Take the kids on a Disney cruise.
- Join the local VFW.
- Attend a photography workshop.
- Host a cooking class.
- Make a memory jar on Jan 1 and read everything in it on Dec 31.
- Learn to quilt.
- Take a weekend trip to Vegas.
- Write a cookbook.
- Go zip lining.
- Make a jar full of rocks with my favorite Bible verses written on them.
- Go on a road trip with some of my girlfriends.
- Host a huge Halloween masquerade party. ~Started planning
- Rent a beach house for a week.
- Swim with dolphins.
- Go camping with my kids.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Make yogurt popsicle with my kids.
- Pay a strangers restaurant bill.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Learn to ice skate.
- Attend the Kentucky Derby.
- Take a pin-up photo shoot.
- Prepare a care package for a homeless person.
Build a blanket fort.August 2015
- Go to Country Concert.
- Make every recipe from 1 of my cookbooks.
- Take a Segway tour of a city.
- Go to a monster truck rally.
- Take a self-defense class.
- Make pasta from scratch.
- Go one month without shopping except for necessities.
- Read 5 biographies. ~Made List
- Learn how to tie a tie.
Start a new blog series. May 2015
- Give 5 “Just Because Gifts” 1~July 2015; 1~August 2015
- Visit Chicago.
- Make sushi with my new kit.
- Run in a color run.
- Have a spa day.
- Host a Vision Board party.
- Attend a blog conference.
Establish a family tradition. May 2015
- Write a guest post for another blogger.
- Have a guest post on my blog.
- Attend an Alabama home football game.
- Host a blog giveaway.
- Put $20 in savings for every goal accomplished.
- Visit 5 new museums. AF Museum~July 2015
- Go on another marriage retreat.
- Stop drinking soda for 1 week.
- Learn to make a burlap wreath.
Determine my MBA major. Nov 2015
- Take a photo booth picture with my hubs.
- Go snowboarding.
- Have family photos taken every year.
Visit a new state. August 2015
- Go geocaching.
- Go to 3 new festivals.
- Be able to do 10 pullups.
- Create a business plan.
Make an editorial calendar.May 2015 Order business cards. July 2015
- Create a media kit.
- Have 5 photos accepted to FoodGawker.
- Attend a women’s bible retreat.
- Make a list of 101 positive things about myself. ~Started on
- Make my bed every single day for a month.
- Put aside $50 a month for 6 months and go on a shopping spree.
- Write a letter for each of my children and place it with my will.
- Send a message in a bottle.
- Host a favorites party.
Do a craft show. August 2015
- Go golfing with my hubs.
- Take each kid on a mom date.
- Plan 12 dates (1 for each month) for the hubs and I.
- Buy a silhouette cameo.
- Make 2 weeks worth of freezer meals.
Leave a 100% tip. Feb 2016
- Have poker night.
- Journal every night for a month.
- Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.