For a few months now, I’ve been searching for the perfect bag. I had bought a white and black tote from Target on a whim, and I fell in love with it. I had never been much of a tote person because I was always digging around for everything at the bottom. But I decided to give it a try after watching At Home with Nikki on YouTube. She taught me the concept of having several smaller bags inside your large tote to make finding things easier. She usually has a tech bag, cosmetic bag, pen bag, and a few more items. So I tried this system out with my Target bag and loved it. But there were a few things about the bag that I didn’t like. It didn’t have a long shoulder strap or an outside pocket for my phone. But now that I knew exactly what I liked and didn’t like, I began searching. And I found the Kelly and Katie Larirade Satchel from DSW.
I absolutely love this purse! It has one middle zipper compartment, two snap closure compartments on each side, and a small zipper compartment on the outside for my phone. It has beautiful rolled handles plus an adjustable shoulder strap. And it comes with a beautiful scarf!
So here’s everything in my purse. I’m not 100% with the smaller bags at the moment. I’m trying to find something that will match the coral of the purse a little bit better, but that is proving difficult at the moment. Yes, I am a matchy matchy kind of person. Here’s a closer look at what I have.
Jessica Simpson wallet
Black with white polka dots wallet with store reward/discount cards
Gold glitter notebook to jot down ideas as they come to me
Black tech bag with bluetooth and my paypal card reader
Large white with black polka dots bag with extra clothes for my daughter
Gold glitter bag with medicine, band aids, perfumes, and breath mints
Fashion bag has all of my feminine products
What’s in my Handbag
Fashion Haul ~ Mirabella Boutique
Mirabella Boutique owner, Barbi Dewitt
One of the hardest things about moving right now is saying good bye to new friends. I’ve been lucky enough to have met an incredible woman here who has really inspired me in my business ventures and introduced me to several other business savvy ladies. She owns a local boutique in downtown Fairborn, Mirabella Boutique. I’ve also acquired a few amazing pieces from over her the year so I figured I would do a quick haul on some of my great finds.
(All stock pictures taken from Mirabella Boutique with permission.)
The tunic that started it all! This was my first purchase from Mirabella and it’s still a classic in my wardrobe. Here are some more great items I later picked up.
These are just a few of the items I’ve picked up over the last several months. If you’re interested in stopping by to see what Barbi has, be sure to swing by on Black Friday to check out her amazing deals!!
Since Barbi is doing 50% off of all clearance, I wanted to share a few pieces that I know are on the sales rack right now. So you better hurry in!
I don’t know about you, but it’s been a long month for me. My family has been going through some tough adjustments and I could really use a nice little spa date. But since I don’t really have the time for that, I thought I would dig out some of my favorite bath products to share with you.
- Softsoap Body Butter Shea & Almond Oil Body Wash – This body wash is a new favorite of mine. I decided to buy it when I was on a coupon kick and now I love it. My skin feels extremely clean without feeling dried out. And the smell is amazing!
- Benefits Refined Finish Facial Polish – This is the best exfoliation that I have found. I have combination skin and this works perfectly for my skin.
- Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde Shampoo & Conditioner – I don’t buy a lot of high-end shampoos but I love how beautiful this combination makes my hair look. And I love the smell of it as well.
- Tree Hut Coconut Lime Shea Body Butter – I’ve recently gotten on the body butter train and I this one is my favorite. I get it at my local Walgreen and it smells like I’ve spent all day at the beach.
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask – I learned about this product from Casey Holmes’ YouTube channel. She has a whole hair care video here and this product is mentioned about 6 minutes in. I use this mask on my hair 1-2 a week.
- Benefits It’s Potent Eye Cream – I have severe black under eye circles (thanks Mom!) and this product came highly recommended to me. I don’t use it as much as I should, but I have seen some improvement since I started using this product.
Another week as come and gone so that means more Favorites!! Today I thought I would share with you a small portion of my perfume collection. These are just the ones I tend to reach for the most.
- Flora by Gucci : I picked this one up after I was unable to find Gucci II. This has probably been one of my favorites for the longest time. It’s so subtle and classic. It has underlying scents of Peony, Rose and Sandalwood.
- Viva La Juicy Noir : This perfume is my fun perfume. It’s bold and slightly sweet-smelling. It has notes of berry, honeysuckle, and sandalwood.
- Mary Kay Journey of Dreams : I just received this perfume over the 4th of July weekend, and it’s become a fast favorite. It has a nice floral, sweet smell but still manages to be light. It has scents of clementine, rose, peony with undertones of vanilla, sandalwood, and musk.
- Miss Dior : This one has been one of my favorites for a few years now. It’s so classic and elegant. This was my go to scent when I was working outside the home, and I still wear it to meetings with the nonprofit I volunteer for. It has notes of Italian Mandarin Essence, Egyptian Jasmine Absolute, Indonesian Patchouli Essence.
I hope you enjoyed this quick look at my favorites. I would love to hear about your favorite go-to perfumes!
Does anyone else have the sudden urge to scream T.G.I.F.!!! Just me? It has been a very long week and I’m so ready for the upcoming weekend. I may very well be spending it in the car but at least I’ll be away from the household demands. But before I get knee-deep in my weekend plans, I wanted to share with you my makeup must haves.
- Wet N Wild Fergie Come Correct Concealer – Fair #111 : No one will truly understand how much I love this concealer. I have very prominent dark circles. Thanks Mom for the genetics! Until I found this, I was using 2-3 different concealers to lighten the circles. Now, a few drops of this concealer will COMPLETELY cover my dark circles. I don’t have to cake it on and the coverage is amazing! I would highly recommend this for anyone with dark circles.
- Revlon Lip Butter – Pink Truffle : This is my favorite spring lip color. Not too nude, not too bright.
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Loose Powder : I love to have a very matte complexion without looking cakey and I have found that this works the best. And a little can really go a long way.
- Nars Blush in Orgasm : I first purchased this blush about 3 years ago. One of my favorite beauty bloggers was constantly using it. I was afraid it would be too much for my pale complexion but it’s beautiful.
- Benefits Blush in Dandelion : I wear this blush a lot in the summer. I tend to go very minimal with my makeup in the hot months, as does everyone, and this color gives me just enough pop of color to keep me from looking washed out.
- Urban Decay Naked, Naked 3, and Naked Basics : Need I say more??
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express for Brows : There are few days where I do not fill in my brows. Mainly because I’m missing a piece of one brow thanks to a childhood scar. But there are some days that I’ll just skip the eye shadow all together and just fix up my brows.
As many of you may know, we recently took a road trip down to Arkansas to visit some of my husband’s family. It’s been quite a few years since we’ve been able to head out that way so I was pleasantly surprised to find some adorable local boutiques in the area. One in particular really caught my eye and I will be sure to visit them again.
Lavish Boutique is an adorable boutique located on Main St in Russellville, Arkansas. They have some of the latest fashions and all for under $40.
Here’s just a few items that I was able to score while I was there.
(Picture courtesy of Lavish Boutique)
I love that both of these tanks are remarkably loose-fitting. The material is extremely soft and breathes well for those hot and humid Arkansas summers.
I bought this necklace and another one similar to it. I gave this necklace to a good friend of mine who has been eyeing a few of my layered necklaces. She hasn’t stopped raving about it since I gave it to her. And I must say, it looks quite at home on her mannequin.
If you’re interested in checking out Lavish, you can find their Facebook link Lavish Boutique. Not local? They ship nationwide for a small fee. I hope you enjoyed this quick fashion haul and join me here tomorrow for another Tasty Tuesday!!
Welcome back to my Manic Mondays!! I’m getting a late start tonight because our Arkansas trip has whooped my butt. We got home around 3:30 am this morning and after a short nap I got to unpacking and cleaning. But for this Manic Monday I’m going to do the This or That tag from my friend Kristy at Sparkles, Sweat, and Sarcasm. So here goes!
M A K E U P Blush or bronzer? I’m more of a bronzer type. My cheeks are usually red enough by themselves, but since the rest of me is pretty pale I try to contour with a little bronzer. Lip gloss or lip stick? I love lip stick. Every lip gloss I’ve tried is sticky and my hair stays stuck to my mouth. Gross. Eyeliner or mascara? Mascara. When I use eyeliner you can barely see my lashes even when I have mascara on; so now I mostly use just mascara. Foundation or concealer? Both. I use a few concealers for my awful dark circles, so then I have to balance it out with foundation. Neutral or color eye shadow? Definitely neutral. I bought a few fun palettes but I never really use them. Pressed or loose eye shadows? Pressed for sure. Brushes or sponges? I have a beauty blender sponge, but I mainly use brushes. N A I L S OPI or China Glaze? I use both, but I think I use China Glaze more. Long or short? I like to have long nails but they’re not that practical for me right now. Acrylic or natural? I love the look of acrylic but I don’t like the upkeep or the aftermath. I’m trying to love my natural nails. Brights or darks? Both, I usually do dark reds in winter and bright pinks in the summer. B O D Y Perfume or body splash? Perfume Lotion or body butter? Both Body wash or soap? Body wash Lush or other bath company? I don’t really have one in particular company that I’m loyal to. But pretty soon I’m going to start working on making my own bath bombs so we’ll see how that goes…especially since the hubs wants to help out. F A S H I O N Jeans or sweat pants? Jeans when I’m running errands but then sweats when I’m chasing the kids around the house. Long sleeve or short? Sleeveless preferably. Dresses or skirts? Dress. Takes out the guess-work of what to pair with a skirt. Stripes or plaid? I have both; 1 plaid, a few stripes, but a lot of polka dots. Flip-flops or sandals? Flip flops for life! Scarves or hats? Scarves, I can never find a hat that I like on me. Studs or dangly earrings? Both. I love dangly more, but here lately I wear more studs so Baby Girl can’t grab them. Necklaces or bracelets? Mostly bracelets but I’m learning to love necklaces. Heels or flats? I love heels and have a good 30-40 pairs, but I hardly get to wear them because I’m always chasing the kids. Jacket or hoodie? Jacket H A I R Curly or Straight? I love how I look with curly hair but I can’t make my curls stick. So unless I’m seeing my favorite stylist, I’m wearing it straight. Bun or ponytail? Usually a ponytail because it’s faster but I do love a messy bun. Bobby pins or butterfly clips? Neither Hair spray or gel? I use hair spray occasionally Long or short? I love how I look with short hair, but I love the options of long hair. Light or dark? Light. I think I look funny with dark hair. Side sweep bangs or full bangs? Side swept bangs Up or down? Down, but it will end up being pulled up at some point because I get hot or it gets in the way. R A N D O M Rain or shine? Shine Summer or winter? I’m starting to love winter again Autumn or spring? Autumn definitely Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla with a drizzle of chocolate East coast or west coast? GULF COAST through and through, but if I had to pick then East coast. Vogue or InStyle? In Style Kim, Kourtney, or Khloe? None of them. Coffee or tea? Lots and lots of Southern sweet tea!